Whether you are 7 years old or 70 years old, one of the life habits that we can never afford to give up is taking care of our teeth!
Brushing your teeth and taking care of your overall oral hygiene is essential if you want to keep your natural choppers all the way into old age, and along with doing all of those necessary things at home, you should also be letting us do our bit too!
Here at Live Life Smiling, we are a dentist in Newcastle that is passionate about the oral well-being of our local patient base, and we know that a lot of people, even adults, get nervous about paying us a visit.
To help ease your anxiety, here is exactly what we do in a dental check-up.
- The first thing you will do upon entering the practice is sit down in the comfortable waiting area, listening out for your name to be called.
- Once it is your turn, you will be introduced to your dentist in a friendly manner and asked to sit back and relax in the chair.
- After undertaking all the necessary hygiene precautions such as gloves and face masks, the dentist will ask you to open your mouth so they can have a look inside.
- They will check the health of your gums, as well as for any growing plaque on your teeth, and whether there is any decay that needs to be removed to prevent further damage.
- If there is decay present in the form of a cavity, then you will most likely be required to make a second appointment so that a filling can be performed.
- The appointment will sometimes end with a quick and pain free cleaning process.
- It is important to remember that if you need to have any type of dental procedure performed, then it will nearly always be at a later date. This gives you more time to prepare and prevents any shock and anxiety from going through the roof!
So, if you are looking for a Newcastle dentist and think that it is finally time to make a decision, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here at Live Life Smiling.
We look forward to being able to help you maintain a healthy smile and good dental hygiene for all of your life. Don’t wait to make an appointment!